Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mile Stone Met

I have reached a new mile stone. As of Tuesday Aug. 24 I lost 2 more pounds for the week for a total of 41 pounds since May 1st. I have never lost more than 20 pounds on any attempt to lose weight in the last 20 years. This is very awesome to me. I feel I will have no problem continuing down this path. My next goal is the 50 pound mark and I hope to reach that in about 4 weeks. My blood sugar is staying below 120 and my blood pressure is doing well also. I had a wonderful piece of Gluten free chocolate cake on my birthday and my blood sugar was just 97 that evening. The cake was made by Sally's bakery in Sandy Springs Ga.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to have come across your blog. It's very encouraging. I'm a little over a month into the functional health program with Doctor's Phil and Bridgett Gatcha. I was diagnosed with Type II Diabetes in January 2006. At 40 years old, weighing 125 pounds, I was one of the skinnist diabetics doctors had seen. So I was told over and over again. I worked diligently to change my diet and lifestyle. I even got my A1c under 6.0 However, late last year I started to struggle again with managing my blood sugar. My A1c was averaging 11.0.- 14.0 One morning this past July my husband caught an interview with the Gatcha's on Better Mornings Atlanta. I thank God for them. During my office visit last week, I learned I'm allergic to Gluten. I am amazed at what we've uncovered from my test results. I'm very pleased with my progress, to say the least. I've decided to keep a journal and actually ran across your blog during my google search on Glutenflam. For the first time I am optimistic about my health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Felicia, That is great to hear! Yes the Gatcha's are truly God sent. I know there are so many people this could help if the knowledge was made more public about how gluten effects our body systems. I truly feel as if I have a new life all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. do they take insurance? I go for the consultation on next Tuesday and the woman who made the appointment for me would not answer the question..

    ReplyDelete