Friday, August 13, 2010

The Last Two Weeks (It's My Birthday)

Yea! It is my 54th birthday today. I feel so much better than one year ago, it is almost unbelievable. I just went with a group I work with at my office who bought me lunch at Seasons52. Seasons52 has a gluten free menu that is awesome! I had the grilled boneless rainbow trout with roasted asparagus and carrots. I am going with the family to the first Falcons preseason game tonight. We will grab some Chick fil a on the way. Yes I found out that the one fast food place that is good to eat is Chick fil a. Just order a grilled chicken salad or a number 7 (Grilled Chicken sandwich) with no bread. The fries are cooked in good oil only used for fries.
Well since my last post I have lost 2.5 more pounds. The first week I lost 2 and only a half of a pound last week, this was mostly because I had injured my leg from working out with a trainer a little to vigorously, so I had to rest it for 5 days. I am back walking 45 minutes now and feeleing good. My blood sugar reading are still averaging between 100 to 110. I am taking another supplement called Neuro2 from Apex Energetics. This helps support the flow of oxygen in the blood and it has helped with the neuropathy in my feet.
I have been Gluten and dairy free now for 3 and a half months and it has become second nature. I do not crave any breads, pastas, or cereal or dairy products. I also found some great vanilla ice cream made by Almond breeze that is gluten and dairy free. I used it to make some Banana shakes for Carol and I. It was awesome and did not spike my blood sugar. My body is really metabolizing great.

Well it is time to go eat some Gluten free birthday cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment