Monday, July 26, 2010

Starting To Exercise

In my last meeting of June with Dr. Gatcha not only did we start on working with supplements for adrenals and insulin Resistance. We talked about adding exercise to my regiment. I ask how often I should exercise and the doctor had a great answer, "God made our bodies to work for 6 days and rest 1". He also wanted me to get a book called "Younger Next Year", a very good book to inspire you to exercise and understand the importants of it whether you are diabetic or in perfect health. I was to start by walking 45 minutes per day at a pace to keep my heart rate at 60 percent of max, which for me was about 110. I started doing this and really enjoyed it, especially because Carol would go walk with me. All of a sudden we had a lot of time together that we had not had in the past several years without a lot of distractions, it was like finding an old friend you had not talked to in a while ( probably shouldn't use the word old, but you understand). Also I was noticing my blood sugar ranges were improving during the last week of June. I stop the metformin and yes, my blood sugar stayed below 130.

So on the 4th of July I celebrated my Independence from diabetic drugs. I also gave a testimony in church to how God had lead me to Dr. Gatcha and how God had healed me through all the work. Then into the second week of July I started noticing my blood sugar ranges being below 110 most the time and always below 120. Now we are in the 3rd week of July I am taking no diabetic medicines or blood pressure medicines. I have lost 30.5 pounds, I have gone from 46 to 42 pants, xxl shirts to xl shirts, my blood sugar is averaging below 110, my blood pressure is 118 over 72. I feel young again with much more energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment