Monday, November 29, 2010

Ran My First 5K!

First I can't believe it has been over a month since I updated my blog. Since the last blog I have lost 13 more pounds for a total of 63 pounds since May 1st 2010. I now weigh 205 pounds. Back at the first of October I told my daughter Jessica that I would run a 5k with her on thanksgiving morning. So I really started training for that run, I do not have the best knees especially my right knee gets sore easily, so it was a little difficult. I started a method of running that Jessica taught me , running 4 minutes and walking 1 minute. On the Saturday before Thanksgiving I simulated the run a did 46 minutes. So on Thanksgiving morning I ran the Gobble Jog on Marietta square with my 2 beautiful daughters, Jessica and Alyssa, and Patience, one of Jessica good friends. With Jessica's coaching help I beat my time and completed in 44 minutes. It was an awesome experience. I can.t wait to do another one and beat that time. I think back just a short 7 months prior I could not run for a full minute without being out of breath 63 pounds heavier and on diabetes and blood pressure meds, what a miracle, what a God sent Blessing! I have SO SO much to be thankful for.

6 comments:

  1. I'm curious if you have any further updates that you can share. I recently saw Dr. Gatcha on television and am going in for the group consultation tomorrow. I found your blog while looking for reviews and am interested in the rest of your journey since your most recent post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous or Jack....hoping to hear about any updates.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi – Will you please post a link to your important Blog at The Type 2 Diabetes Community at vorts.com? Our members will really appreciate it.
    Members include: Those living with Type 2 Diabetes, their families, friends, experts and support groups.
    It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also add Articles, Photos, and Videos if you like.
    Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you. I hope you consider sharing with us.
    The Type 2 Diabetes Community: http://www.vorts.com/type_2_diabetes/
    Thanks,
    James Kaufman, Editor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspiring Blog really.

    How did you control it??

    I am writing a resource on Diabetes.
    Your inputs will be appreciated and helpful for others fighting it.

    you can have a look at it:

    Diabetes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jack so HappY to find you and this blog ! Not sure exactly where to start reading but ill figure it out ! Very proud and happy for you ! A healthy life style is so worth the effort ! ~ ginger~

    ReplyDelete